Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fun in the... rain?

Dad wants YOU to come to Olympic National Park!

A couple of weeks ago, my dad and stepmom came to visit me here in "sunny" Bremerton.  We went on a tour of Olympic National Park, one of the nation's premiere stops for nature lovers.  We traveled in a loop around the park for three days, staying in three equally impressive "old school" hotels.




This is the payoff at the summit of one of our many hikes.   I was close enough to feel the waterfall's mist...wish I could remember what trail it was.


Searching for seals on the Pacific Ocean.

Kathy and Dad have some seriously high-powered binoculars, which paled when compared to Kathy's ability to spot bear/elk (with the naked eye) from a speeding rental car.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like an awesome place to go hiking and camping! I'm glad your folks got to visit. How far is that from the base?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, it's only a couple of hours from base.

    ReplyDelete