Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mingling with the stars

100326-N-1926C-034 NAVAL BASE CORONADO, Calif. (March 26, 2010) The aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN 68) arrives at Naval Air Station North Island. Nimitz and embarked Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 11 returned to its homeport of San Diego after completing an eight-month deployment to the U.S. 5th Fleet and 7th Fleet areas of responsibility. (U.S. Navy photo by Aviation Boatswain's Mate (Handler) 3rd Class Amanda Cabasos/Released)

Another beautiful day in San Diego, and one day closer to our INSURV inspection!  I pulled this shot off of navy.mil to give you guys a better view of where I currently work.  I'm about to get kicked out of Panera Bread so this has to be really short. 

My blog posts may be sporadic and with even less storytelling logic than in the past.  At this point, I'm just taking random photos and writing about what I think would be interesting/helpful.


This is MC3 Adam Wolfe.  Who's Adam Wolfe you say??? Shame on you.  He's the original Fort Meade 'A' blogger.  He was the source of information and inspiration for me and my blog, and we're stationed on the same ship!  I gave him a shout-out on the first page of my blog.  Check out his blog here.


Things got...awkward...when I asked for an autograph.

SURVIVAL TIP

Be ready to be around not-so-bubbly Sailors when you report to a ship.  You will have conversations with people that, for whatever reasons, just aren't happy.  I get the feeling my own considerable determination and good attitude will be put to the test here.  Remember why you joined, and be prepared to hold on to it with all you're worth.

CLARIFICATION:  For everyone writing me about this...  1.  Wolfe is great, and is a very happy guy.  2.  The photos are faked.  3.  The survival tip isn't related to the photos, it was just what was on my mind that day.  4.  I cannot confirm or deny rumors that MC3 Wolfe will return in glorious fashion to the world of blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment