Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I am a temple


Photos by Desiree Guarino & MCSN Glenn Slaughter

Alright, so I'm on leave until my 'C' school starts in May.  I'm currently enjoying good friends and some of the best motorcycle riding in the country.  Where else, but South Florida! 

Desiree is a yoga instructor and program coordinator at Hippocrates Health Institute.  It's a place where people come from all over the world seeking to live healthier, more natural lives.  In my profession, physical  and mental health is huge.  Many times, we operate in highly stressful environments.  There's a lot to be said for keeping oneself in top form.

But can wheat grass help?

In the photo above, Desiree squeezes juice from rare wheat grass to make a detoxifying potion aimed at giving the body a natural helping hand.

I reluctantly drank my shot, and was pleasantly surprised by the sweet flavor.  And I must say, I feel pretty good!


McDonald's anyone?

1 comment: