Sunday, July 4, 2010

I am NOT Tarzan


Yesterday my shipmates and I got in touch with our inner caveman/cavewoman. We sat under the sun, grilled meat over open flames, and even swung through the treetops...sort of.

Milford Mill, a local swimming hole, offers bbq grills, rope swings, and cable zip lines. What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, it's only 30 minutes away. I never would have known about it except a local friend told me how fun it was. Brother, he was telling the truth.


Hall (pregnant), Jackson, Lobao, and I made the short trek eagerly, because it's a holiday weekend and you have to get out and do new things when the Navy gives you the opportunity.


Here I tell the lifeguard taking the photo not to lose track of how long we'd been in. :)

Before you're allowed onto any of the high altitude water rides, you have to pass a swim test. This involved swimming, with any stroke, from one end of the pool to the other. After that was a 3-minute tread water session.


Jackson decided doing one backflip off the rope wasn't enough. He went for two and paid the price with the worst belly/face flop I've ever seen. Showoff...


I LOVE to grill. It has to be with charcoal and a nice marinate. My kitchen skills are barely existent, by the way.

I highly recommend Milford Mills!

No comments:

Post a Comment