Wednesday, March 24, 2010

U.N.I.T.Y. - Vacuuming was never like this


I studied Electronic Media & Film at Towson University here in Maryland. As a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity, I was pretty involved. SAE's a great fratnerity, but I never saw unity like I've seen here. Teamwork is a theme that started in boot camp and has continued up to this day. Some day, we may be fighting side by side, so working together is a must.

My class is leading the way in teamwork.

Recently, as we vacuumed the classroom at the end of the day, students spontaneously started using their learned fire-fighting techniques. Chief Fowler, one of our instructors, told us to shut the vacuum off in the middle of our "blaze fighting." We thought we were in serious trouble. He then proceeded to correct us on our hose handling technique. Classic!

Corbin frantically tries to put out an invisible dust bunny fire.

This is why I carry my Cybershot on me ALL the time.

Members of the baby class stand at the front of the VI room and sing Anchors Aweigh with us.

Anchors Aweigh is the U.S. Navy's fight song. Navy personnel are a drop in the ocean on this Army base. We open the doors to the class and sing every day to let everyone know how proud we are.

On a side note, I had a heck of a time finding good footage of Sailors singing Anchor's Aweigh. It may be time we put our own video online.

No comments:

Post a Comment